Honey Kist Jerky
Use our Original Recipe Jerky Seasoning to make your own Honey Kist Jerky…
- 1 box Hi-Country Original Recipe Jerky Seasoning
- 16 lbs. red meat
- 1-1/4 cups honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- This recipe works best with J. Johnson’s Original Recipe flavor. Follow the instructions for making Whole Muscle Jerky or Ground & Formed Jerky and add 1-1/4 cups of honey and 1 cup brown sugar to 16 lbs. of meat after mixing in the spice. Jerky will be slightly sticky after drying.
Use our Sweet Teriyaki Jerky Seasoning as a meat rub.
- Hi-Country Sweet Teriyaki Jerky Seasoning
- Steak or Chicken
- Coat meat with jerky seasoning and refrigerate for 1 hour or more. Cook and enjoy!
Use our Smoky Bar-B-Que Jerky Seasoning as a base for BBQ sauce.
- 3 cups Ketchup (24 oz. bottle)
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Hi-Country Bar-B-Que Jerky Seasoning
- 4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Dark Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Stir all ingredients together until thoroughly blended. Store unused sauce in refrigerator. Recipe makes about 1 quart of sauce.
Deep Frying Game Bird
Deep frying your game bird is easy…
|Deep Frying Game Bird
- 12 to 15 lbs. game bird
- 1 box Hi-Country Poultry & Game Bird Brine Mix
- Mix brine with water according to the enclosed instruction booklet. Remove bird from brine and drip dry for 1 hour. Then finish drying with a paper towel (inside and out) to prevent excessive splattering when placed in the hot oil. Follow your deep fryer’s manufacturer instructions for cooking poultry or fowl.